Podcast #676: Cease Dwelling on Autopilot and Take Accountability for Your Life
Do you ever have moments of horrible realization the place you acknowledge that you’re dwelling on autopilot? As an alternative of feeling such as you’re within the driver’s seat, you’re feeling like life is going on to you. You’re simply going by the motions, you’ve misplaced your spark, and the months and years slide by in an vague blur.
My visitor in the present day has been there himself, and has an motion plan for the right way to discover your means out. His identify is Antonio Neves, and he’s a author, speaker, and success coach, in addition to the creator of Cease Dwelling on Autopilot: Take Accountability for Your Life and Rediscover a Bolder, Happier You. In the beginning of our dialog, Antonio shares his personal expertise with outwardly having a life that appeared blissful and profitable, whereas inwardly feeling completely misplaced and caught. We then flip to some actually nice, incisive inquiries to ask your self to evaluate in the event you’re coasting in life and to change into extra accountable to the adjustments it is advisable make to begin deliberately steering once more. We speak about what you’re actually lacking whenever you say you miss the nice outdated days, how to make sure the very best of your life is forward of you rather than behind you, and why it is advisable make a listing of all of your present complaints. We then focus on the significance of who you encompass your self with, why you want allies as a substitute of thieves in your circle, and the distinction one thing known as “Man Mornings” has made in Antonio’s life. We finish our dialog with concrete steps you can begin taking in the present day to shift out of autopilot, together with Antonio’s private guidelines of 5 issues he does daily to make sure it’s one.
If studying this in an e-mail, click on the title of the put up to hearken to the present.
- Why Antonio’s life seemed good on paper, however was turmoil inside
- What it means to be dwelling on autopilot
- How a homeless man and a secret smoking behavior modified Antonio’s life
- How the phrase “life is brief” finally ends up being an excuse
- Why re-committing is extra significant than committing
- Probably the most highly effective query that Antonio repeatedly asks himself
- Would you wager on your self?
- What do individuals imply once they say they miss “the nice outdated days”
- How our complaints can truly open up a window into our wishes
- Allies vs. thieves
- What are “man mornings”? Why are they so useful to Antonio’s life?
- The issues Antonio does daily to maintain his life off autopilot
Assets/Articles/Folks Talked about in Podcast
- The Energy of Implementation Intentions
- Embracing the Grind
- The right way to Make Time for What Actually Issues Each Day
- Suppose Like a Poker Participant to Make Higher Selections
- Sources of Existential Angst
- Discovering an Existential Second Wind
- Nostalgia — Its Advantages and Downsides
- The right way to Flip Concern Into Gasoline
Join With Antonio
Take heed to the Podcast! (And don’t neglect to go away us a assessment!)
Pay attention ad-free on Stitcher Premium; get a free month whenever you use code “manliness” at checkout.
Learn the Transcript
The put up Podcast #676: Cease Dwelling on Autopilot and Take Accountability for Your Life appeared first on The Artwork of Manliness.