Podcast #662: The Artwork and Science of Creating Good Luck
When you consider serendipity, you possible consider strokes of fine luck that occur solely by probability.
However my visitor at the moment says that we are able to play a job in harnessing extra lightning strikes of fortune, and create the circumstances to each expertise a higher variety of significant accidents, and make accidents extra significant. His identify is Christian Busch and he’s a professor of economics and entrepreneurship and the writer of The Serendipity Mindset: The Artwork and Science of Creating Good Luck. We start our dialog with what serendipity is, and the way it’s completely different than easy probability, and is as a substitute a sort of good luck, which requires appearing on the sudden and connecting the dots of seemingly random occasions. We then talk about the three sorts of serendipity, the obstacles to experiencing this drive, and the way the quantity of serendipity you expertise depends upon the way you body the world. Christian explains the right way to develop a serendipity-seeking mindset, together with the right way to deliberately seed triggers for it. We finish our dialog with how organizations and never simply people can take steps to strategically leverage the ability of serendipity.
If studying this in an e mail, click on the title of the put up to hearken to the present.
- How is serendipity completely different from luck or probability?
- How the invention of Viagra was truly fairly serendipitous
- What it takes to develop a serendipitous mindset
- Changing into extra open and observant
- Proactively looking for out serendipitous triggers in our life
- Leveraging know-how to create your individual luck
- Managing serendipity overload when you turn out to be extra conscious of it
- The gorgeous energy of used bookstores
- How your unhealthy luck may be rotated for good
Sources/Folks/Articles Talked about in Podcast
- Man’s Seek for That means
- The Artwork of Noticing
- What Poker Can Educate You About Luck, Talent, and Mastery
- The Fortunate Charms of seven Well-known Males
- Can You Study to Be Fortunate?
- Introversion as an Excuse
- Observe Your Curiosity
- Gardner’s Books
- How you can Be a Artistic Genius Like Da Vinci
- Why Boredom Is Good For You
- How Reframing Builds Resilience
Join With Christian
Take heed to the Podcast! (And don’t overlook to go away us a evaluate!)
Hear ad-free on Stitcher Premium; get a free month while you use code “manliness” at checkout.
Learn the Transcript
The put up Podcast #662: The Artwork and Science of Creating Good Luck appeared first on The Artwork of Manliness.