As a member of the Ottawa Tribe and somebody who’s labored with over 5 hundred tribal nations, my visitor has lengthy been impressed by his Native American tradition and heritage, significantly the custom of native warriors. And he thinks these warriors have a lot to show all fashionable individuals about work, life, and management.
His title is D.J. Vanas and he’s the writer of The Warrior Within: Own Your Power to Serve, Fight, Protect, and Heal. Today on the present, D.J. explains what the warrior spirit is, and the way vital it’s for everybody to domesticate, particularly those that need to lead, serve, and dwell with a objective greater than the self. He takes rules of Native American custom and philosophy, together with residing off the land, taking a imaginative and prescient quest, counting coup, being a firekeeper, and growing toughness, and exhibits how they apply to anybody who’s trying to develop resilience, obtain their targets, and make a constructive impression on the world.
Resources Related to the Podcast
- Ottawa Tribe
- AoM sequence: Lessons from the Sioux in learn how to develop situational consciousness, psychological and bodily toughness, and spirituality, in addition to learn how to flip a boy into a person
- AoM Podcast #526: The Rise and Fall of the Most Powerful Indian Tribe in American History
- Podcast #633: The World and Vision of Lakota Medicine Man Black Elk
- AoM Article: You May Be Strong, But Are You Tough?
- AoM article on creating a private mission assertion
- AoM Article: 20 Battle Cries Through the Ages
Connect With D.J. Vanas
Listen to the Podcast! (And don’t neglect to go away us a assessment!)
Listen ad-free on Stitcher Premium; get a free month while you use code “manliness” at checkout.
Transcript Coming Soon